Chelsea 1-2 Man City Highlights
Watch FA Cup semi-final match, Chelsea Vs Man City highlights here.
Venue: Wembley Stadium
Date: Sunday, 14 April
Kick-off: 1600 BST
pitch side view:
• Since first clashing in 1907, these Premier League heavyweights have met 146 times competitively with Chelsea winning 61, drawing 37 and losing 48.
• This is their fourth meeting this season and Chelsea are yet to win. Manchester City kicked off the season with a 3-2 victory in the FA Community Shield at Villa Park; the league meeting at Stamford Bridge in November was goalless, with City prevailing 2-0 on their own turf in February. Yaya Toure and Carlos Tevez scored two goals each in those exchanges.
• This is the fourth time they have been pitched against each other in the FA Cup. Chelsea won 1-0 away in the third round in 1915 on their way to the final, Manchester City won 2-0 at home after extra time in a fourth round encounter in 1948 and 3-0 away, also in the fourth round, in 1971.
• Holders Chelsea, who are looking to lift the FA Cup for the fifth time in seven years, have qualified for the last four this season after victories over Premier League Southampton, League One Brentford after a replay, Championship side Middlesbrough and 11 times winners Manchester United, again after a replay.
• The seven times winners and four-times runners-up are looking for a 12th victory from their 21st FA Cup semi-final.
• Blues have beaten 14 of the last 15 Premier League clubs they have encountered in this competition, and have found the net in all 29 FA Cup outings since the 1-0 loss to Barnsley in 2008.
• Chelsea will be playing their 12th match at the new Wembley.
• Demba Ba is Chelsea’s leading FA Cup scorer this season, with three.
• The five times winners and four times runners-up are targeting a 10th victory from the 12th FA Cup semi-final in their history.
• Straight victories over three Championship clubs – Watford, Leeds and Barnsley – and fellow Premier League side Stoke (fourth round), have landed a fourth trip to the new Wembley for City.
• So far in this run Roberto Mancini’s side have scored 13 goals (nine in the last two rounds) and conceded none.
• City have scored 40 goals in their last 17 FA Cup games, finding the net on each occasion.
• They are attempting to win the cup for the second time in three seasons, but also the second in 44 years.
• Carlos Tevez is the top scoring Manchester City player in this season’s FA Cup, with five goals.