Man Utd 2-2 Chelsea Highlights
Chelsea recovered from two goals down to draw with Manchester United and earn a replay following a wildly fluctuating FA Cup quarter-final.
Watch FA Cup sixth round match, Man Utd Vs Chelsea highlights here.
Venue: Old Trafford
Date: Sunday, 10 March, 2013
Kick-off: 16:30 GMT
• These Premier League giants have met 165 times competitively. Manchester United have won 72, Chelsea 45 and 48 have been drawn.
• Manchester United lost for the first time in seven meetings with an odd goal in nine reverse after extra-time in the fourth round of the League Cup at Stamford Bridge in October. The Red Devils had already won their Premier League visit 3-2 three days earlier, against a nine-man Chelsea – Branislav Ivanovic and Fernando Torres both getting their marching orders.
• Manchester United hold an eight wins to two lead in the FA Cup standings, highlighted by a 4-0 victory in the 1994 final with two penalties from Eric Cantona. However in their last meeting, which was also United’s most recent FA Cup final appearance and the first to be held at the new Wembley in 2007, Chelsea won 1-0 courtesy of a goal in extra time from Didier Drogba.
• Manchester United will be smarting from Tuesday’s cruel exit from the Champions League, as they defend the best record in FA Cup history of 11 wins (five under Sir Alex Ferguson), 18 appearances in the final and 27 in the semi-finals.
• The Premier League champions-elect are determined to do the double, having not won the cup since 2004, and this despite drawing a Premier League club for the eighth time in succession.
• The Red Devils are looking for a 21st win from 28 FA Cup rounds against Premier league sides since lifting the silverware nine years ago, and a 14th win from the last 17 FA Cup matches at Old Trafford, and a third in a row.
• Javier Hernandez is looking to add to his three goals in this season’s competition.
• Holders Chelsea are defending the most impressive recent record in the FA Cup, being winners in four of the last six seasons, and in seven overall.
• They have won 22 of their last 26 FA Cup matches, drawing in four – including the loss on penalties to Everton in a fourth round replay in 2011. They’ve also won eight and drawn two of the last 10 cup ties on opponents’ grounds, since falling to Barnsley in the 2008 quarter-finals.
• Blues have beaten 13 of the last 14 Premier League clubs they have encountered in this competition, and have found the net in all 27 FA Cup outings, since the 1-0 loss to the Tykes at Oakwell.
We(man u fans) waıtng 2 beat blueş at home 2 q uarıfy 4 da semı fınals.
manchester united had to find another manager coz babu has to put aside from the stiff competition in epl league.
chelsea 2 manchester united 1 be’se now day sir alex have some stress coz he defeated by real madrid last week. big up to benitez but i will be happy when the man will come back to his blessed team that is liverpool. thank you