Everton 0-3 Wigan Highlights
Watch FA Cup sixth round match, Everton Vs Wigan highlights here.
Venue: Goodison Park
Date: Saturday, 9 March, 2013
Kick-off: 12:45 GMT
• This is only the 18th meeting; Everton have won nine and lost two of the previous 17.
• Wigan’s only victory at Goodison Park was 1-0 in their very first league visit in September 2005. The visitors lost this season’s corresponding Premier League fixture 2-1 on Boxing Day to goals from Leon Osman and Phil Jagielka, having held the Toffees to a 2-2 draw at the DW Stadium in October.
• Their only previous FA Cup clash was in the fourth round on this ground in January 1980, when Everton breezed through 3-0 with goals from Brian Kidd, Bob Latchford and Joe McBride on their way to the last four.
• The FA Cup offers David Moyes the best chance of a first trophy as he approaches the 11th anniversary of his reign as Everton boss next week.
• Moyes guided the Toffees to the final in 2009 and the semi-finals last season, and has overseen one defeat in 10 FA Cup outings and suffered just three eliminations from their last 10 pairings with fellow Premier League clubs; Wigan is their first top-flight opponent in this season’s run.
• The Merseyside club have lifted the silverware five times, most recently in 1995 under Joe Royle, but have only managed three clean sheets in 17 FA Cup matches, and none this season.
• Wigan, who are coming off a 4-0 home loss to Liverpool in the Premier league last time out, are appearing in the quarter-finals for the first time since their club record run to the last eight in 1987.
• This is the fourth successive away match in the FA Cup for Roberto Martinez’ side (including one replay), and their first tie this season against fellow Premier League opposition.
• The Latics have beaten only two of their last 10 top-flight sides they have met in the FA Cup since 1987; Sunderland in 2008 and Hull in 2010.