Man Utd 1-0 West Ham Highlights
Watch FA Cup third round replay match, Man Utd Vs West Ham highlights here.
Venue: Old Trafford
Date: Wednesday, 16 January, 2013
Kick-off: 20:05 GMT
• Manchester United have won eight of their last 10 league and cup matches against West Ham, and beat them with a goal from Robin van Persie after only 33 seconds in the equivalent Premier League fixture in November.
• But the Red Devils had to rely on a stoppage-time equaliser from the same player to avoid a quick exit from the FA Cup. The winners will be home to either Fulham or Blackpool in the fourth round.
• The Hammers hold a 4-3 winning record over United in the FA Cup. Their most notable triumph was 3-1 at Hillsborough in the 1964 semi-finals, on their way to winning the trophy. The third of United’s victories was 6-0 in the fourth round in 2003 at Old Trafford, when Ryan Giggs scored twice.
• Treble-chasing Manchester United boast the best record in the FA Cup, with 18 appearances in the final, 11 of which were won – five under Sir Alex Ferguson.
• This is the fifth successive time they have been drawn against fellow Premier League opposition in the competition, and the 20th in 25 rounds. When Fergie’s men last qualified for the final in 2007, they faced fellow top-flight opposition in all six rounds.
• The Red Devils have only gone out in the third round once under Ferguson, and are looking for their 150th clean sheet in the FA Cup.
West Ham United
• The 1964, 1975 and 1980 winners, who last made an appearance in the final in 2006, have failed to get past the FA Cup third round in three of the past five seasons.
• They have also been beaten on each of the last six occasions they have been drawn against Premier League clubs in the FA Cup, and have not knocked one out since Middlesbrough in the 2006 semi-finals.
• Four Premier League clubs were certain to fall by the wayside when the third round draw was made.