Middlesbrough 0-2 Chelsea Highlights
Watch FA Cup fifth round match, Middlesbrough Vs Chelsea highlights here.
Venue: Riverside Stadium
Date: Wednesday, 27 February, 2013
Kick-off: 19:45 GMT
• These clubs first met in 1907; Chelsea have won 53 of the 113 games and Middlesbrough 31.
• They last clashed in the 2008-09 Premier League season, when Chelsea did the double and took their winning sequence to five since Middlesbrough’s 2-1 home triumph in August 2006.
• Chelsea lead 2-1 in the FA Cup head-to-head standings, with the most significant tie being their 2-0 victory in the Wembley final in May 1997, when Roberto Di Matteo famously scored after 43 seconds, Ruud Gullit became the first foreign manager to win the cup, and Mark Hughes picked up a fourth winners’ medal.
• A trip to Old Trafford awaits the winners, and a quarter-final tie against Manchester United on Saturday 9 March.
• Middlesbrough are hoping to qualify for the quarter-finals for the first time in four seasons. They last reached the last eight for the fourth season in a row in 2009.
• The Teesside club have been knocked out by Premier League clubs in three of the last four seasons, and haven’t despatched one themselves since West Ham in the fifth round in February 2009.
• Tony Mowbray’s men have had a dramatic downturn in form since the turn of the year, having dropped from third to seventh in the Championship with one win in nine, while their only other victories in 2013 were against Hastings United and Aldershot Town in the FA Cup.
• By comparison, Chelsea have lost four of 15 games in 2013, and are targeting their seventh victory.
• The seven-times FA Cup winners, who’ve lifted the trophy in four of the last six seasons, have won 21 and drawn five of 26 FA Cup matches, and have lost only one of their last 37 in the regulation 90 minutes.
• The Cup holders came within seven minutes of being knocked out by League One Brentford in the fourth round, but won the replay 4-0 at Stamford Bridge.
• They have knocked out the last 10 Championship clubs they have been drawn against, and were last humiliated by such a side in the 2008 quarter-finals, when Barnsley won 1-0 at Oakwell.
• Frank Lampard has scored a club record 26 FA Cup goals for Chelsea, and 199 in all, leaving him three behind Bobby Tambling’s all-time club record.