Mansfield 1-2 Liverpool Highlights
Luis Suarez scored a controversial goal as Liverpool defeated valiant non-league Mansfield to reach the FA Cup fourth-round.
Watch FA Cup third round match, Mansfield Vs Liverpool highlights here.
Venue: Field Mill
Date: Sunday, 6 January
Kick-off: 16:00 GMT
0-1 Sturridge 7′
0-2 Suarez 59′
1-2 Green 80′
Head to head
• These clubs have only met in one second round League Cup tie in September 1970.
• Liverpool needed extra time to win 3-2 in the second leg at Anfield, having finished the first leg goalless at Field Mill.
• Mansfield are enjoying their best FA Cup run for five years, and are setting their sights on emulating their performance in 2008 when they reached the fourth round in the same season they were relegated from the Football League.
• The Blue Square Bet Premier outfit go into the weekend 93 places lower than Liverpool on the league ladder, with the Reds the first league club they are facing in this FA Cup run.
• It is 44 years since the Stags dumped a top-flight club out of the competition. They were in the old Third Division when they thrashed West Ham 3-0 in the fifth round at Field Mill, on their way to a club record appearance in the quarter-finals.
• Mansfield are the first non-league club Liverpool have faced in the FA Cup since Havant & Waterlooville in the fourth round in 2008, which they won comfortably 5-2 at Anfield.
• Southern League Worcester City were the last non-leaguers to knock out Liverpool; the Merseysiders, a Second Division club at the time, lost the third round tie 2-1 away, on 15 January 1959.
• Only three clubs have won the FA Cup more often than Liverpool’s seven – Manchester United, Arsenal and Tottenham. They last lifted the silverware in 2006, after beating West Ham on penalties in the last final to be staged at the Millennium Stadium. The most recent of their 14 appearances in the final was last season, when beaten 2-1 by Chelsea.