Liverpool 2-1 Everton Highlights – FA Cup
Andy Carroll headed in a late winner to help Liverpool beat Everton and book a place in the FA Cup final.
Watch FA Cup semi-final match, Liverpool Vs Everton highlights here.
Venue: Wembley Stadium
Date: Saturday 14 April, 2012
Kick-off: 1230 BST
0-1 Jelavic N. 24′
1-1 Suarez L. 62′
2-1 Carroll A. 87′
• This is the 218th meeting in a rivalry that began in 1894. Liverpool lead by 86 wins to 66, with 65 draws. Liverpool have scored exactly 300 goals; Everton 249.
• Liverpool have already done the double over their Merseyside neighbours in the Premier League this season with a 5-0 aggregate. Steven Gerrard scored a hat-trick in the Reds’ 3-0 triumph at Anfield.
• This is the 17th time they’ve been paired together in the FA Cup. Liverpool lead 9-7, but Everton are chasing a third successive triumph.
• Liverpool lead 3-1 in semi-finals, and are looking to deny Everton a place in the final for the fourth time in a row.
• The Reds were also victorious on the only occasion they clashed in the final; 3-1 at Wembley in 1986, with a double from Ian Rush and one from Craig Johnston; Gary Lineker scored for Everton.
• Liverpool are hoping to become the first club to do the FA Cup/League Cup double for the second time. Only three clubs have won both major domestic cups in the same season; Arsenal in 1993, Liverpool in 2001 and Chelsea in 2007.
• The seven-times winners, and six-times runners-up are appearing in their 23rd semi-final. Only Manchester United (27), Arsenal (26) and Everton (24) have participated in more.
• Kenny Dalglish is hoping to win his third FA Cup as Liverpool manager. He guided the Reds to victory in 1986 and 1989; beating Everton in both finals.
• Steven Gerrard has scored nine goals in his last 13 FA Cup starts. He is one of four Liverpool players to have scored twice in this season’s cup run.
• Everton go into this Wembley showdown chasing a 14th win from their 25th appearance in the semi-finals.
• The 1-0 win over Manchester United by Joe Royle’s side in the 1995 final was the fifth and most recent occasion Everton have lifted the silverware. They have been losing-finalists eight times.
• Manager David Moyes, who is celebrating 10 years at the helm this season, has guided his charges to their most successful FA Cup run, since leading them out in the 2009 final at Wembley, when they lost 2-1 to Chelsea.
• Seven different players have scored in Everton’s FA Cup run, excluding one own goal. Denis Stracqualursi is the only one to have scored twice.