Man City 5-0 Barnsley Highlights
Carlos Tevez shrugged off his recent arrest to score a hat-trick as Manchester City easily beat Barnsley to reach the FA Cup semi-finals.
Watch FA Cup sixth round match, Man City Vs Barnsley highlights here.
Venue: Etihad Stadium
Date: Saturday, 9 March, 2013
Kick-off: 17:30 GMT
• Manchester City hold a 50% winning record against Barnsley, having prevailed in 16 of their 32 competitive meetings over 115 years; the Tykes have won six.
• City have scored 15 goals in their last three matches with the South Yorkshire club, crushing them 7-1 most recently in the second round of the League Cup in September 2004 on this ground.
• The Premier League club have also won both previous FA Cup encounters; 2-1 at home in the third round in 1948, and 2-0 at home in the fifth round in February 1993.
• Five times winners and four times runners-up, Manchester City are trying to reach the semi-finals for only the second time in 32 seasons but they’re also attempting to win the trophy for the second time in three years and the second in four attempts under Roberto Mancini.
• City were knocked out by Championship clubs in 2008 (Sheffield United) and 2009 (Nottingham Forest), but since then they’ve eliminated all six second tier sides they’ve confronted, including Watford and Leeds in the current run in which they have not conceded a single goal.
• If selected, Edin Dzeko will be making his 100th Manchester City appearance.
• Having won their first FA Cup ties in five seasons, Barnsley are now aiming to pull off their biggest shock since 2008 when they last reached the semi-finals, knocking out Liverpool and Chelsea in the process.
• Since then the 1912 winners and 1910 runners-up have twice been knocked-out by top-flight West Ham and once by Swansea. Manchester City is the first Premier League they are meeting in this run, in which one goal has been conceded from three successive victories.
• Leading scorer Chris Dagnall has netted three of Barnsley’s five FA Cup goals.