Chelsea 1-0 Man Utd Highlights
Chelsea will face Manchester City in the FA Cup semi-finals after Demba Ba’s instinctive winner was enough to sink Manchester United at Stamford Bridge.
Watch FA Cup sixth round replay match, Chelsea Vs Man Utd highlights here.
Venue: Stamford Bridge
Date: Monday, 1 April, 2013
Kick-off: 12:30 BST
First round result: Man Utd 2-2 Chelsea.
• These Premier League giants have met 166 times competitively; Manchester United have won 72, Chelsea 45 and 49 have been drawn.
• Early goals from Javier Hernandez and Wayne Rooney in the original tie at Old Trafford on 10 March seemed to set Manchester United on their way to the last four of the FA Cup, but a second-half fightback with Eden Hazard and Ramires finding the net, saw Chelsea earn this replay.
• Manchester United hold an eight wins to two lead in the FA Cup standings, including a 4-0 victory in the 1994 final with two penalties from Eric Cantona. Chelsea won their only other clash in the final, 1-0, in the first to be held at the new Wembley, courtesy of a goal in extra time from Didier Drogba.
• This is only the second time out of the 11 when these clubs have drawn each other in the FA Cup, that the tie has not been settled at the first time of asking.
• This is United’s third trip to Stamford Bridge this season, having won in the Premier League by the odd goal in five, and lost in the Capital One Cup by the odd goal in nine.
• Manchester City await the winners of this replay in the semi-finals at Wembley on Sunday, 14 April – kick off 1600 BST.
• Holders Chelsea are defending the most impressive recent record in the FA Cup, being winners in four of the last six seasons, and in seven overall.
• They have won 22 of their last 27 FA Cup matches, drawing in five – including the loss on penalties to Everton in a fourth round replay in 2011.
• Blues have beaten 13 of the last 14 Premier League clubs they have encountered in this competition, and have found the net in all 28 FA Cup outings, since the 1-0 loss to Barnsley in the 2008 quarter-finals.
• It’s 10 years since the Blues were last beaten at the Bridge in an FA Cup tie; Arsenal did the damage with a 3-1 victory in a quarter-final replay on 25 March 2003 on their way to winning the cup. John Terry netted for both sides.
• Manchester United are defending the best record in FA Cup history of 11 wins (five under Sir Alex Ferguson), 18 appearances in the final and 27 in the semi-finals.
• The Premier League champions-elect are determined to do the double, having not won the cup since 2004, and have faced a Premier League club in their last eight FA Cup games.
• The Red Devils are looking for a 21st win from 28 FA Cup rounds against Premier League sides, since lifting the silverware nine years ago.
• Javier Hernandez is looking to add to his four goals in this season’s competition.